Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Office Desk Pictures

Most parents keep at least one picture of their child, or children, on their desk at work. I'm no exception.


But, how often do most parents update these office pictures? The one on the right is relatively recent (four months ago), but the one on the left is, I think, from 18 months ago.

I think this is what happens with a lot of parents, especially new parents. Within their child's first few months, mom or dad puts a picture of their child on his/her desk at work. And then, as the months and years go by, it may or may not get updated. Maybe five years later, that picture from when little Billy was only four months old might still be sitting there, even though Billy is five years old now and looks quite a bit different. Maybe some parents prefer to have the pictures of when their children were very young? Or, maybe they just never get around to bringing a newer picture of their kid to work with them?

Personally, I kind of like having both an older picture and a newer picture. Regardless, I'm going to try to maintain at least one relatively up-to-date (less than a year old) picture of Marla at work. We'll see if I can do it.

1 comment:

Spartangoogle said...

when I was working the picture of you, your mother, and your brother on my desk was from the 1980's. It made me feel younger.