Thursday, August 01, 2013

2013 Carolina Classic

The Triangle Curling Club's annual bonspiel, the Carolina Classic, is this weekend! It should be a fun weekend, even if Amber and I aren't curling in it. We figured, there's no way we would have been able to top last year's Classic with Debbie McCormick this year, and that it would be good for us to focus on volunteering at the Classic for once. (By the way, Debbie is curling in Kansas City's summer bonspiel this weekend. I'm glad we took that opportunity while we had the chance!)

So, I've been writing some blog posts for the club website over the past few weeks; here is my Carolina Classic preview that talks about who the favorites are and such. In the past, I may have put some of that commentary here, but the Triangle Curling Club website obviously has a much higher reach among people who like curling than my own dumb blog does. So while my general curling commentary will start moving more towards the club's website, I'll still put the personal stuff here, such as my scoreline from a recent pickup game:

Career game #223: Pickup - July 19, 2013

End........... 1234567 |TTL
---------------------------
Allen......... 1121010 | 06
Franklin...... 0000201 | 03

In a way, I'm looking forward to watching this weekend's Classic as a spectator and/or "reporter" of sorts, without having to worry about my own team's performance. Then again, once the games start, I'll probably wish I was out there on the ice. Oh well. I'll get a chance to go bonspieling in a couple of weeks.

No comments: