Monday, April 29, 2013

Shaved Heads

Lots of men go bald. That's nothing new. A lot of men deal with this by completely shaving their heads, rather than hold onto the scraps they still have. I can think of a couple of reasons for this:
1) A completely bald head looks better - and makes you look younger - than a partially bald head.
2) It's a way to tell your hair, "You can't quit! You're fired!"

I don't think the Completely Shaved Head look is for me, though. I've never completely shaved my head, so I don't really know how it would look. But shaving your head every day (or every other day or whatever) sounds like a lot of work, to the point where it's a non-starter for me. Honestly, that's the only reason I won't even consider the full and permanent head shave. I'm happy hanging onto my scraps.

On the other hand, I still have a little ways to go before I'm only left with the horseshoe...but maybe not too long. This picture is from March 2010:



And, fast-forward three years to today:


On the bright side, maybe in a few more years, the completely bald head wouldn't be so hard to keep up after all.

No comments: