Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tying Shoes

I buy a pair of work shoes once every 18-24 months. This new pair, I'm not sure I chose wisely.



You see...I keep my shoes tied when I take them off, and don't re-tie them when I put them back on. I think I save a lot of time this way, and my shoes don't fit me any worse because of it. If a shoe is designed well, you shouldn't have to untie them in order to take them off or put them on.

These new work shoes (on the right), however...I have to untie them in order to put them on, and then tie them back once they're on. And this takes me one whole minute! That's one minute wasted, for no reason, every single day I wear them.

I'll just have to pay more attention next time I go work shoe shopping. If someone could remind me 18-24 months from now, I'd appreciate it.

(By the way, practical or not, I'm not a huge fan of shoes that don't have any laces at all. So, no.)

No comments: