Thursday, January 26, 2012

Want To See Pictures of Our Baby?

Before we had Marla, I think I remember saying something to the effect of, "I'm probably going to be that obnoxious person who is constantly posting pictures of my kid on Facebook." I don't know if that's come to fruition. Pretty sure many of my friends still have us beat. But I think I have all of my male friends beat. After all, most of the baby pictures you see on Facebook are posted by the mom rather than the dad, right? (For the record, Amber does post more pictures of Marla than I do, but I might post more frequently.)


Then, at a restaurant the other night, something occurred to me. Here I am, showing off pictures of Marla to some friends, just like that "obnoxious person" I thought I might become. Yep, it's happened alright. I think a compliment here and there ("oh, she's just so cute!") get to my head, to the point where I insist on showing everyone I know, and never leave the house without at least a few baby pictures stored on my phone. And what can I say? I'm a proud papa.


Well, Marla is pretty cute. But everyone thinks their children are cute. Are some parents just saying that? Or are all children truly "cute" in the eyes of the parents, because they (in theory) sort of look like mom and/or dad? If Marla has similar facial features to Amber, then Marla may remind me of my wife, whether I realize it or not.


By the way, I underestimated how nice it is to have a picture of your kid on your desk at work.

Of course, I know our respective families like seeing these pictures, especially because they only see us every few months. They're missing big chunks of Marla's development. By the way, she's not crawling yet, but can roll over several times in succession, to the point where we can't just plop her down somewhere and expect her to still be there two minutes later.

Marla turns six months old on Saturday. Maybe we'll celebrate by taking her somewhere. Gotta keep her (and ourselves) in "road trip shape"!

No comments: