Monday, August 02, 2010

Now What?

Here's the fear I always have when I come back from a long vacation such as the Alaska trip. Sure, that was fun, but...now what?

Well...let's see here. Amber and I do plan on starting a family, and that was our post-Alaska trip plan all along. But that's not what this blog post is about. (I'll let you know when that time has come. Until then, I'm going to stay hush-hush on the topic of future babies.) Instead, I'm going to talk about what we have planned for the next...oh, let's say, nine months.

Actually, the next nine months are going to pretty much be more of the same. You can get a decent approximation for how we'll be spending the next few months by looking at the top of the "Labels" column over there on the right. Road trips? Of course. Sports? Still a fan. Curling? Definitely. Television? Yep. Add in my continued interest in bicycling, and the beginning of our second season of kickball in a few weeks, and the next nine months are going to sound a lot like the last nine months.

Sure, there's a chance that we'll do something exciting every now and then, or take up a brand new hobby that I don't even know about yet. But here's the thing. By the time mid-September rolls around and all of the above activities coincide, our lives will be quite busy. Even if we were interested in starting something new, we wouldn't really have time for it. I think we've reached capacity in that regard. (Sounds like the perfect time to think about raising a family, hmm?)

So, really, that's bad news for the blog. New, exciting things make for great blog material. Routine stuff? Not so much. I guess what I'm saying is this: if you don't care about any of the afore-mentioned topics, or are just looking for something other than long-winded meaningless discussion about things that don't really matter, then I apologize.

1 comment:

James Allen said...

Nine months? Well, that's an odd choice for....wait a minute.