Thursday, August 26, 2010

Corn on the Cob

How do you eat corn on the cob? I've never really put much thought into it, but I don't think I do it like most people.

Amber, along with many other people (according to a limited amount of internet research), do it "typewriter style". Pick a row, start on the left, go all the way across to the right end of the cob, then turn and start again from the left. But that's not how I do it. Instead, I start on the left, and then rotate the cob after each bite. I don't move down the cob to the right until all kernels on the left end of the cob have been eaten. I like to gradually work my way down from left to right, rather than going from left to right and back again several times throughout my corn on the cob eating experience.

Why do I do it that way? I don't know, because I've never put any thought into it. It's just what I do. I also don't know which is more efficient. But I like my method. You can keep "typewriter style" to yourselves.

3 comments:

Chris Jaun said...

I take a hybrid approach. I like to do one or two "typewriter" rows to clear myself a path, then I do your rotate method to finish it off.

amber said...

Actually I go left to right, then right to left, and so on- it's inefficient to keep going back to the left without getting any corn on the way :)

Chris Mildebrandt said...

I need to have Amber on my team during the corn on the cob eating contest, no wasted time there!

For the record, I take Chris Allen's approach. No reason behind it either.