Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Patio Furniture Season

My parents were in town last weekend, so they gave me an early birthday present: new patio furniture.


Better take advantage of it while it's still patio furniture season! Same goes for the hammock. We have about five or six weeks to go before the bugs take over.

Unfortunately...this week, the pollen has taken over.


This is my fourth North Carolina spring, and I can't remember the pollen ever being this visible on the roads. Pollen collecting on cars is nothing new, but...geez. Combine that with the fact that it will approach 90°F today and tomorrow, and it's actually kind of gross outside right now. Looks like dinner on the patio will have to wait until the weekend, after the probable Thursday/Friday rain moves through and helps cleanse the atmosphere and wash away all of this yellow crap.

I'm just glad I don't have the "allergic to pollen" gene. That has to suck.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

The pollen on the roads may be at least partially due to the fact that you have not seen measurable precipitation since March 29.

cozydayspatiofurnitures said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.