Monday, March 15, 2010

Daylight Saving Time

According to one of my co-workers, the Monday after the change to Daylight Saving Time is the most dangerous commuting day of the year. Everyone is still kind of asleep because of the time change, and this apparently results in more car crashes. Makes sense to me.

So...why not make the Monday after the Daylight Saving time change a Federal Holiday? Why not move Martin Luther King Day to March? I think everyone would agree that we don't need another Federal Holiday two or three weeks after Christmas and New Year's Day. Everyone would also agree that this time change really, really sucks. It's win-win! I know why MLK Day is in January (his birthday was January 15th), but somehow, I don't think Dr. King would mind if his day were moved to March in the interest of personal safety.

1 comment:

bubba said...

That would only postpone the problem until Tuesday. If people wanted to adapt themselves ahead of time, they could do so Sunday.