Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Raleigh (Cary) <--> State College: The Soundtrack, V2"

Skip to the random thought

Since I began making regular drives from Raleigh (Cary) to State College and back, I've been listening to the same CDs in the same order each time (for the most part). I've documented this before, and the reasons for it.

The drives to State College won't be as frequent now that Amber lives here, but they will be nonzero. Now that Amber will be in the car with me on each drive, I figured it would be good to come up with a new "driving playlist" that incorporates the more memorable CDs from my old playlist, and fills in the gaps with her CDs (while trying to make it 50/50).

So, here are the new northbound and southbound playlists! Your job is to guess which CDs are mine, and which belong to Amber. (Answers are below the random thought.)

Northbound
1) Mad Caddies - Just One More
2) Anti-Flag - Culture Revolution
3) The Ventures - Walk, Don't Run
4) Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs
5) Dance Hall Crashers - Lockjaw
6) Neutral Milk Hotel (self-titled)
7) Sonichrome - Breathe the Daylight
8) Lit - Atomic
9) Chicago - Chicago II
10) INXS - The Bext of INXS

Southbound
1) Mustard Plug - Pray For Mojo
2) Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?
3) Rolling Stones - Through the Past, Darkly
4) Sponge - Rotting PiƱata
5) Gob - Foot In Mouth Disease
6) Blue Oyster Cult - Superhits
7) Less Than Jake - Anthem
8) Pearl Jam - Ten
9) Alien Ant Farm - ANThology
10) Seven Mary Three - American Standard
11) Avail - One Wrench

I'm planning on doing the same kind of thing with the drives to Jacksonville and Toledo. So will there be two more posts like this? Well, that depends on what else I have to write about those weeks.

Last Year: "Raleigh Radio". Hmm, I just brushed on this topic this week, didn't I? Going back, it's amazing how much has changed since last year. (Well, I wouldn't call it "amazing". More like "interesting". Or maybe "non-negligible".)

Tomorrow (Monday): "Is It Fall Yet?"


Today's random thought:

- Maybe it's just me, but apple-flavored stuff (apple sauce, apple juice, apple candy, Apple Jacks, etc) doesn't seem to taste anything like apples themselves. What's up with that?

Answers to the CD "guessing game": My CDs are northbound 1, 2, 5, 8, and 9, and southbound 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, and 11. The rest are Amber's.

No comments: